WAR PHOTOGRAPHY X VINTAGE COMICS PROJECT BY BUTCHER BILLY
Brazil, Curitiba-based Art Direction Butcher Billy (tumblr) - "The visual experiment ended up bringing different results to each piece - from giving a whole new meaning to the picture by modifying the original concept, to reinforcing the same idea by making clear just how the elements were influenced by the history depicted in the photos, or even saying a lot about the psychology behind fiction and reality. While we see the contrast between the black and white photos and the colorful vintage comic books elements, it’s interesting to notice how the superheroes and supervillains world was actually "black and white" in a metaphoric way, while the strong war scenes are established in the real world, where the grey shaded line between good and evil isn’t always clear."
- Original: by Joe Rosenthal, 1945, Iwo Jima.
- Original: “Falling Soldier”, Spanish Civil War, 1936, by Robert Capa.
- WWI, photographer unknown.
- Original: “General Nguyen Ngoc Loan Executing a Viet Cong prisoner”, Vietnam, 1968, by Eddie Adams.
- Original: “Napalm Girl”, Vietnam, 1972, by Nick Ut.
- Vietnam War protest in Philadelphia, back in the 70’s. Photographer unknown.
- American Soldiers Blowing Up a Japanese Bunker - Original by W. Eugene Smith, Iwo Jima, 1945.
- Original by Max Alpert, depicting WWII Battalion Commander A. Yeremenko leading his soldiers to the assault.
- Original: “Raising a flag over the Reichstag”, World War II Battle of Berlin, 1945, by Yevgeny Khaldei.
i feel like this dress is sending a message but I’m not sure what it is
1eyedgillysnake “Happy thanksgiving from thisisbwright #firecrotch CC simonhammerstein”
Fan Art Friday!
So grateful for all my AMAZING fans this #FanFriday. You guys are seriously the best.
Special shout out to Giulia for making this portrait! Love it.
an old sketch i thought i’d dust off for the hpshipweeks.
i’m not kidding when i say i draw harry and ginny constantly. they just won’t ever leave me alone. (as if i’d want them to)
gonna paint the town with him, replace your memory.
“Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them… Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself…soulless and evil. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life." — Remus Lupin